The world’s most powerful Ubuntu phone “Meizu PRO 5 Ubuntu Edition” has just been launched with some serious hardware. Take a look at the specs below:
- 8 core Exynos 7420 processor and MALI T760 GPU.
- 32GB of internal memory.
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM.
- 5.7 inch 1080p screen with a re-tuned delta cool color AMOLED screen.
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 with improved damage resistance and toughness.
- 21.16 megapixel rear-facing camera with PDAF phase laser-assisted focusing and LARGAN 6P lenses for improved resolution.
- 5 megapixel front-facing camera.
- Hi-Fi Sound.
- Slots for two micro-SIM cards.
This device as you all know is joint initiative of Canonical and Meizu and have had successful launches of Ubuntu phones in the past. The launch of the device will definitely conquer hearts of all Linux lovers (myself included).
The company states that the phone is running the latest code and is capable of providing a desktop experience (which basically allows you to connect your phone to a monitor and use it as a normal desktop). This phone weights about 168 grams with dimensions of 156.7x78x7.5 mm. Also, the Meizu Pro 5 ubuntu phone does not support MHL output. It does come with applications such as Instagram, Twitter, Telegram and Soundcloud.
The phone is available for pre-order during the Mobile Congress 2016 event.
What do I think of this?:
- Dayyymmm!! I need me one of those!!!
If you are an Android or Apple user, would you switch to the Ubuntu phone? Feel free to leave a comment below!
Do share this article on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ by clicking on share buttons in this page. And don’t forget to subscribe to get latest updates! Stay Tuned! 🙂
Source: Ubuntu, Image Source & Credits: Ubuntu Phones